Friday, September 21, 2012

She's back.. Pt 1

Well, well, well. It's been quite some time, hasn't it? There's nothing quite like more than a year between blog posts to really keep things interesting.

I've spent a lot of time thinking about what I could write about in these blog posts, and man it'll be a cup of tea and a biscuit's worth of reading if I remember everything I thought I should mention.

Maybe I will start with a list of things that have changed since I last blogged, and we can go from there.

I left the Bank I worked for, after a lovely time spent in the big city branch with amazing people.
The two beautiful girls you see here were my CSMs, Karen and Louise, and they taught me a hell of a lot about what it means to be a good boss, friend, listener, and most of all that I could do whatever I wanted in life.
Thanks Lou and Kaz!

I fell in and out of love with the Jenny Craig food I had in my freezer - after all, it still tasted good but I had spent so much time eating things which tasted... well ... more like the kind of thing I used to eat. Lucky I have some really great friends who support my goal to lose weight (and share their wardrobes, maybe ...?). So sometimes when I needed to be kept on track, they'd get in the trenches and eat Jenny food right along with me. Thank you, Emma x










I tried hard to be motivated and when the weather was good, I walked in the park.. Twice.








I took a trip with The Boy and his family... What an amazing time! New Zealand, via a 13-deck cruise ship, from Dec 18 until Jan 3, was a heap of firsts:
 - First overseas trip
 - First cruise
 - First time spending Christmas with a significant other
 - First time not spending Christmas with my mum (I cried)
 - First time to New Zealand (I hope not the last!)
I spent a LOT of time eating delicious food, and surprisingly enough I returned to Australia with an extra 8 kilos ... Not happy.





Whitney Houston died, and I spent some time behaving a bit like this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2xzWbRwOio
(not really, but man that video cracks me up).







I celebrated one of my best and favourite birthdays, with some of the most wonderful people in the world.
I wish every day could be as fun and special as a birthday, it's not like being a kid any more but you do definitely get to feel special.





I tried to stay motivated to do my Jenny Craig program to the best of my ability. But even Instagramming motivational cards couldn't stop me from enjoying some of 'the good things'.













What can I say... I like food, cooking, drinking, celebrating, living, and laughing...

We travelled to Fiji for our anniversary .. I was very spoilt and ate like a demon!

So overall things have been pretty amazing, and so if you care to, you can continue onto the next post...




No comments:

Post a Comment