Monday, March 21, 2011

No pointing pudgy fingers!

I have to take a moment to clear something up.

I have never, nor will I ever, blame anyone for my size, my shape, my life or my weight.

I have a mother who has made my life one filled with love and laughter - our home is somewhere I always feel safe and loved.
As I got older, I learned how to manipulate her into making excuses for my lack of physical activity - I had asthma, and I just couldn't do anything without exacerbating the symptoms.
I suppose that was true, too - but mostly I was just a lazy, unfit little girl who was happy to get out of doing anything if Mummy was going to let me.

Our bad food habits are a burden passed on by the mentality of our ancestors; living on the land or working a seasonal job that meant food was scarce at times and so the most was made of each meal.

Now that we know that this isn't an issue, we have to take it upon ourselves to break these habits.

So Mum - if you're reading this, don't worry.
It's my fault I'm fat.
I can only blame you for the fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment