Sunday, March 27, 2011

... The drugs don't work, they just make you worse ...

So, I guess by now you've seen that one of the ways I tried to lose weight was by using Duromine.
According to the leaflet (previous post) it works by "directly affecting the area of the brain that controls your appetite making you feel less hungry".

I will say, I felt less hungry at first - by less, I mean that I felt no need to eat sometimes for an entire day. Not healthy.
I also found that as someone who usually had little trouble falling asleep, I was now only able to manage a restless sleep for about 4-5 hours a night.
This was balanced by the fact that the drugs stopped me from feeling tired during the day, so nobody really would have noticed that I was any different in that way.


The first time I took Duromine, I had also started going to the gym so it was a big boost in the weight loss which I had already started working on.
I was unhappy in the job I was working in and this drug made my moods accelerated; as such, I found myself being unusually angry, upset and happy. I was bouncing from dawn til dusk and even though I could see the great effect it was having on my weight, I wasn't my normal self.


I became so short-tempered that people at work started checking what mood I was in with each other before they spoke to me. Ridiculous!


Not only this, when I would go out on the rare occasion that I would get the chance to go out and have some drinks with friends, it cost me a mint only to wake with a mind-numbing hangover. The fact that I didn't feel drunk on these tablets meant that I would drink to a major excess and feel twice as bad the next day! Some would argue that the drug helps you feel less hungover, but I guess everyone's different.
http://www.steadyhealth.com/Affects_of_alcohol_on_duromine_t207224.html


The cost was another prohibitive factor - unless you have private healthcare, you will pay full price (in excess of $120 for the strongest dose).


The following link takes you to some further information about uses etc.
http://www.ehow.com/way_5304912_way-use-duromine.html


Basically, I think it's really important that you understand what you're getting into with Duromine. It's not for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment