Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Baby Steps - more like Baby Elephant

I was horrified by the figure I saw on the scale at my first JC consult.

I thanked God I had chosen to come in and make this decision - I had no idea just how bad it had gotten.

I started the program and headed back to see Stef after 5 days.

"3.1," she told me.

Incredulous, I gasped. "Up or down?!"

I was sure that I must have gained weight.

"Down!" she cried.
We both laughed hysterically; we already had a rapport that made me feel comfortable about talking to Stef; she was supportive and friendly, and never made me feel like I was doing anything other than the most normal thing in the world.

I sent the results to a few close friends and my mum, all of them replying with messages of support and congratulations.

I felt so relieved; any doubt I had in my mind was gone and now I knew I would be able to finally save myself - from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment